Your home is where you get to express yourself. Don’t let conventionality and the norm taint your ideas of how to decorate your house. You do not have to do the standard paint job and carpet. There are no rules when it comes to making your house feel like home, so let your imagination run wild and allow your inner designer to take over. The best part is that even if it’s a little unusual, it will reflect your own taste which means that it will look amazing.
Take a look at these 20 bold home designs for a little courage and inspiration.
1. Have an entirely white room with a bright color accent
via house beautiful / Eric Piasecki
2. Have a graffiti bed
3. Stencil and paint your floors
via house beautiful / Ngoc Minh Ngo
4. Or paint your artwork on your floor rather than on your walls
5. Glam up your floors with a little glitter
via crafty chica
6. Paint a rug on your floor to give it a little character
via flickr / Jennifer Matthews
7. Do an entire wall of wine corks. Great accent wall for behind a bar
via wine harlots
8. With scrapbook paper and Mod Podge you can make a colorful backsplash
9. Use wallpaper on your staircase
via decorating files
10. Paint the outside of your house as a bold rainbow
via flickr / PJ Taylor
11. Or paint the outside more like these colorful bubbles
via flickr / m.a.r.c.
12. Rather than painting a focal wall a different color, go for a bold pattern
13. Do an entire chalkboard room and let your kids make the wall art
via rue mag
Originally posted 2016-01-23 05:01:10.