We try so hard to make our homes visually appealing, but sometimes there are things that get in the way. Maybe it’s a pesky router that sticks out like a sore thumb in your living room. You can’t really get rid of it, unless you want an internet-free life, so you deal with it. Well, you don’t have to anymore.
With these 17 creative ways to hide the eyesores in your home, you can have it both ways. Form and function!
1. Hide your router in a fancy box
via Sweet Sanity
Cut holes in some fancy boxes from the dollar store, and you’re on your way to a well-hidden router.
2. Wallpaper your fridge
via Design Sponge
Take it from blah to wow.
3. Turn unsightly cords into wall art
via kara paslay designs
If you can’t beat ’em, at least make it prettier.
4. Stash your laundry bins in extra-deep drawers
via meg & the martin men
Your dirty laundry doesn’t have to be out for the world to see. Tuck it away in a drawer, instead.
5. Disguise your home alarm or thermostat
via bliss boom blog
Tired of looking at that box of electronics on your wall? Cover it up with a picture.
6. Upgrade your vent
Make your vent less of an eyesore by using a decorative vent cover instead of ugly slats.
7. Hide your printer in a dresser drawer
via apartment therapy
Do you really want to stare at your printer all day? Tuck it away in a drawer and simply pull the drawer out when you want to print.
8. Use washi tape to decorate your washing machine
via A Beautiful Mess
Washing machine looking a little dated? Give it an upgrade with washi tape.
9. Upgrade to fancy soap dispensers
via One Good Thing by Jillee
No one needs to see your bottle of Sunlight sitting on your kitchen counter.
10. Hide your TV behind a print
via Tulip & Turnip
Just because you have an entertainment unit, it doesn’t mean the TV has to be the focal point of the room.
11. Upgrade your ugly basement support beams with crown molding
via the yellow cape cod
Looks much better.
12. Relocate your pup’s bed to your nightstand
via mydoma design
No more ugly dog crates in the living room.
13. Give your bedroom door a paint job
via Radical Possibility
Cover up ugly, dated doors with paint!
14. Mask a mess of wires with a drop-cloth
via little white lion
Got a million computer wires? Add a drop-cloth to the back of your desk to cover them up.
15. Stow away your pet’s food dish in a drawer
via Charter House Interiors
Just make sure they always have access to water and that you schedule feeding times.
16. Install a recycling bin in your kitchen island
via Reuse Repurpose Upcycle
Relocate your recycle bin to somewhere it can’t be seen.
17. Use a rope-wrapped hanging bar instead of a garment rack
via apartment therapy
Garment racks can be bulky and unsightly, and this alternative is definitely more appealing.
Collage sources: 1) bliss boom blog 2) meg & the martin men 3) Design Sponge
Originally posted 2016-01-27 08:03:18.