Your home is where you get to express yourself. Don’t let conventionality and the norm taint your ideas of how to decorate your house. You do not have to do the standard paint job and carpet. There are no rules when it comes to making your house feel like home, so let your imagination run wild and allow your inner designer to take over. The best part is that even if it’s a little unusual, it will reflect your own taste which means that it will look amazing.
Take a look at these 20 bold home designs for a little courage and inspiration.
1. Have an entirely white room with a bright color accent
2. Have a graffiti bed
3. Stencil and paint your floors
4. Or paint your artwork on your floor rather than on your walls
5. Glam up your floors with a little glitter
6. Paint a rug on your floor to give it a little character
7. Do an entire wall of wine corks. Great accent wall for behind a bar
8. With scrapbook paper and Mod Podge you can make a colorful backsplash
9. Use wallpaper on your staircase
10. Paint the outside of your house as a bold rainbow
11. Or paint the outside more like these colorful bubbles
13. Do an entire chalkboard room and let your kids make the wall art
14. Hide a door to make a secret room
15. Get a color-in wallpaper and have fun coloring it in
16. Grow some living art
17. Have an ombre room
18. Glitz your walls by adding some sparkles to your paint
19. Make your stairs a piece of art by painting them
20. Rather than hide parts of your home like pipes and radiators, make them a beautiful focal point with some color
Originally posted 2015-09-07 12:53:54.