A new survey carried out by Hillarys has uncovered the country’s favourite decorating trends region by region.
Those in Yorkshire are most likely to deck out their homes in leopard print, while other notable findings include the East of England’s love of animal-themed designs and the North West’s preference for girlie glamour. Here are the the most popular styles by region:
- East Midlands – 1950s (29%)
- East of England – Animal (14%)
- London – Scandi (31%)
- North East – 1970s (21%)
- Northern Ireland – Vintage (41%)
- North West – Girlie glamour (27%)
- Scotland – Travel (30%)
- South East – Bright and bold colours (19%)
- South West – Ecofriendly and natural (15%)
- Wales – Shabby chic (17%)
- West Midlands – Nautical (29%)
- Yorkshire & Humberside – Leopard print (28%)
‘Not all of the styles and outcomes are what we expected. It’s interesting to see that people in the West Midlands, a landlocked region, are most likely to plump for nautical themes, while those on the coast opt for other styles,’ comments Hillarys’ Zoe Ashton.
Respondents were also asked whether they were more likely to try out daring new fashion styles or home trends – with a quarter (24%) stating they’d be prepared to take bigger risks with their interiors.
Originally posted 2016-05-12 13:32:18.